What is CDARS®?
CDARS® is the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service® and it's the easiest, most convenient way to enjoy full FDIC insurance on deposit amounts larger than $100,000.
How does CDARS® work?
When you're ready to take advantage of CDARS®, here's what happens:
- You enter into one agreement. You sign one simple Deposit Placement Agreement with us.
- You select an interest rate and a maturity. Based on our current CD options, you decide on a rate and a maturity that best matches your investment goals.
- Funds are deposited. Using CDARS®, we submit your funds for placement at member banks.
- CDs are issued. Member banks issue CDs in denominations under $100,000 so your entire investment is eligible for full FDIC insurance coverage.
- Confirmation is received. You receive written confirmation of your deposits and a listing of all of your CDs.
Want to learn more?
To learn more, contact Farmers Bank of 1-800-515-FBNM (3266) or visit one of our convenient local branches!