FFA & 4-H Youth Ag Loan Program
As a community bank deeply rooted in the needs of the agriculture industry and rural communities, we firmly believe in the bright future of agriculture and the potential within our youth.
In a commitment to nurturing the next generation of ag leaders, Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri is proud to offer specialized agricultural loans tailored to FFA and 4-H members across our service area. Beyond offering financial assistance, our program for youth in northern Missouri and southern Iowa doubles as a powerful financial education tool.
What to Expect:
- Hands-On Learning: Students will work side by side with their dedicated loan officer, gaining practical insights into managing their agricultural enterprises.
- Financial Statements: Learn the art of preparing financial statements, a valuable skill for evaluating enterprise performance
- Cash Flow Mastery: Dive into the dynamics of cash flows, understanding the ebb and flow of financial resources within your operation.
FFA & 4-H Loan Program Key Features:
- Interest rate is determined by subtracting the student's GPA from a base interest rate. For base rate information, call one of the Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri branches
- Up to a $10,000-line limit can be available for applicable projects. Amounts greater than $10,000 can be reviewed on a case by case basis
- Repayment period is dependent on loan purchase
- Student must have a qualified co-applicant, unless they are 18 and credit worthy
- Program is available throughout student's eligibility to participate in FFA & 4-H
- Loan Officer will make project visit(s) with the student to discuss how the project is doing, things to change and possible ways to expand
Grades based on an 11-point scale will be converted to a 4.0 scale
Call or visit your local Farmers Bank location to find out more about our Youth in Ag Loan Program today!