Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees:
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We cover your overdrafts with the standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions without your consent.
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $22.50 each time we pay an overdraft
- We will not charge a fee if the balance in the account is overdrawn by $10 or less
- There is a limit of $112.50 per day on the total fees we will charge you for overdrawing your account
- Overdraft balances are due and payable on demand
What if I want Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call (800) 515-FBNM (3266), stop by your local branch, or complete the online form on our Overdraft Privilege page. You can revoke your authorization for Farmers Bank of Northern Missouri to pay these overdrafts at any time by any of the above methods. Your revocation must include both your name and your account number so that we can properly identify your account.